Event: Being Christian 2017: Moving Faith Forward - A Workshop w/ Judy Paulsen
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Location: Flora McCrea Auditorium
Cost: FREE (Registration required)
A follow-up workshop to the Being Christian 2016 Conference.
This 2-hour evening workshop is a chance to dig deeper into our faith in an ever-changing, complex world.
It will help participants feel more confident and comfortable sharing their faith.
We'll address some questions such as:
- Why do so few Christians see themselves as evangelists?
- What can help us let go of the fear and feel confident in sharing our faith?
- What does a natural and respectful sharing of our faith look like on-the-ground?
- How did people share their faith in the Bible and what can we learn from them?
- What are some practical ways I can grow in sharing my faith with the people in my life?
- What are practical things we can do as a church to grow our witness?
Participants will be examining their own attitudes and approaches to sharing their faith with others, as well as considering some first steps to growing in this area. Judy Paulsen will leave people excited about the possibility of joining in God's invitation to a world that is hungry for Him.
Professor of Evangelism, Director of the Institute of Evangelism at Wycliffe
BA (U Western Ontario), MScA (McGill), MDiv (Wycliffe)
, DMin (Fuller Theological Seminary)
Judy Paulsen serves as Professor of Evangelism and Director of Wycliffe’s Institute of Evangelism. As the daughter of Anglican missionaries, she lived her early childhood years in northwest India prior to her family moving to Ottawa.
She holds a Master of Applied Science from McGill University, a Master of Divinity from Wycliffe College, and a Doctor of Ministry in Missional Leadership from Fuller Theological Seminary. Judy has served as a parish priest in four parishes in the Anglican Diocese of Toronto, and as a speaker at conferences, retreats, and workshops.
This coming year she will be developing a new graduate-level course in evangelism called Bearing Witness: Learning from Biblical Conversion Narratives. Judy’s primary interest lies in the effective communication of the gospel in today’s culture.