God calls us to be a congregation of Christ's church in the world. As such, we will respond to God's presence as Jesus did, seek human fellowship as He did, help persons in need as He Did, work to alleviate injustice as He did and strive for the coming of God's kingdom on earth as He did. For Timothy Eaton Memorial Church this means that:
- We will proclaim our faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour in services of worship where God's word is preached and the sacraments celebrated, as well as in other expressions of worship.
- We will provide and share in learning opportunities of the Christian way of life for all persons.
- We will support one another through pastoral care and concern, counselling, and group activities which provide opportunities for Christian service and other expressions of Christian friendship.
- We will reach out to help meet the needs of the community and the world through our own programs and through the support of and participation in wider Church and community programs.
- We will seek out opportunities to share our common quest for the ultimate meaning in life, with other Christians and, where possible, with persons of other faiths. As members and adherents, we shall strive to express a Christian lifestyle in all our relationships, to deepen our Christian concern for Christ's rule of love in our world and to become more responsible stewards of our time and of our human and material resources.
On behalf of my fellow ministers and our wonderful congregation, I would like to thank you for taking the time to get acquainted with Timothy Eaton Memorial Church, a member of the United Church of Canada. We wish you a warm and loving welcome.
Everyone needs a place in life where they have strong foundations and a spiritual home in which they belong. We invite you to join us and celebrate God's love together with a community of like-minded people. Our church is God's home. We hope you will make it yours as well.
With best wishes,
The Rev. Dr. Andrew Stirling